support groups on the Web
The goal here is to list groups that are free and aren't kidding, but are serious about addressing a common challenge or problem behavior. Being listed here most definitely does not mean I recommend the group... and I don't pretend this is a complete list.
Not intending to be offensive, people, so please tell me if there's insulting or misidentified info here...
If it isn't listed here - go look at Recovery Online.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Business Owner's Debtors Anonymous
- Cancer Anonymous
- founded by a small group of people dealing with cancer. Using the 12 steps to provide a spiritual basis for facing the challenge of cancer.
- Chemically Dependent Anonymous
- literature and meetings available.
- Co-Dependents Anonymous
- Crystal Meth Anonymous
- a fellowship of people providing help for whom drugs, specifically crystal meth, have become a major problem.
- Cocaine Anonymous
- 12-step Fellowship offering addict to addict assistance regarding recovery from cocaine addiction. Site includes literature for the professional community, for addicts, and contact information.
- Debtors Anonymous
- Emotions Anonymous
- twelve step program for those seeking emotional health.
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- fellowship of men and women who share our experience, strength, and hope with each other that we may solve our common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction.
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Basic information about the fellowship and recovery from the disease of addiction
- Nicotine Anonymous
- free program to quit smoking or other nicotine use, similar to the program used by Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Parents Anonymous
- child abuse prevention organization, national and statewide headquarters.
- Recovery Anonymous
- more than just about 'Recovery' ...It is a journey to help us find who we were meant to be and to find fulfillment from within.
- Recoveries Anonymous
- Sex Addicts Anonymous
- Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous
- Sexaholics Anonymous
- fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover.
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
- 12-Step recovery from sex addiction
- Sexual Recovery Anonymous
- Workaholics Anonymous
version 1.02 22mar2001